About this role:
As a Lead Engineer, you’ll work closely with ownership and a product manager to deliver long-term product builds. You’l lead the team of remote engineers, lead scrums, review code, coach and perhaps write a little code.
While we have historically been a Laravel/Vue shop, we do have some Node/React in the works.
The great news: we have a really solid core team of developers who work a team. We have daily standups, we use Slack and Zoom a lot. We meet and work together a lot and we really enjoy it. We do have insight into upcoming work and can schedule it, but deadlines do matter to our project managers and our clients.
This role would be GREAT for an up-and-coming team lead. Never lead a team before but are ready to make the leap? We’re very open to helping you become that leader.
Our team is very interactive, meets on Zoom and chats on Slack. You will need to be conversational in English as our US-based team speaks English only. The rest of the team, however is fluent in Spanish and English. So, that does provide some flexibility for you.
- Gathers, understands and delivers on requirements
- Negotiates needs for deliverables and then owns the delivery process and outcomes
- Partners with the Design Team lead and other developers on UAT, standards, etc.
- Partners with ownership on strategic initiatives
- Leads the team of engineers that deliver the work
- Leads process and change
- Performs code reviews, sets standards for our work style and patterns
- Encourages growth on the team
- Partners with ownership on staffing needs and changes
Skills and requirements:
- Strong software engineering experience, with a focus being on web application development
- Moderate knowledge and experience with Laravel and Vue
- Moderate knowledge of the React and related tools
- Strong knowledge of data structures and database such as MySQL
- Strong experience with code management and deployment practices
- Basic understanding and some experience with devops for AWS or similar services
- Experience with remote teams
- Solid communication skills
- Organized and methodical
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to have:
- Experience building on top or adjacent to existing SAAS applications (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience with business systems such as Salesforce, Netsuite, HubSpot or similar
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools or reporting systems
Salary: Commensurate with experience.